Tuesday, 26 October 2010

David Kracov

I was just thinking about Space and Place and different examples of how space can be effective in an artist's work, and it got me thinking.

I was looking around an art shop in New York when I visited in the summer, and I was introduced to the work of David Kracov. David Kracov is apparently one of the only people in the world allowed to officially produce artwork for Looney Tunes and Warner Bros.

Some of his "Shadow Boxes" feature characters like Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck and many others in different scenarios and the titles of each piece of work is always a clever play on words, and it shows that in the little space that each character is given, there's a lot of humour behind it.

For example: Taz holding up the word "PRESSURE" - Under Pressure. Daffy looking from behind a corner - Peeking Duck.

http://www.davidkracov.com/shadow-boxes.html

No comments:

Post a Comment