Tuesday, 12 October 2010

Stephen Appleby


This is an illustration from Stephen Appleby's "Antmen Carry Away My Thoughts As Soon As I Think Them".

It's a really simple design but I believe that just in this simple sketch, there's actually quite a bit of meaning, and even humour, about isolation and empty space.

I don't think there's any real theme or event, but it seems slightly real like it could happen, you could end up feeling as isolated as the image represents.

It seems like it could naturally happen, but the picture had a bit of a neutral feeling to it, although the loneliness aspect has a negative feel to it. (patrick)

1 comment:

  1. This is an illustration from Stephen Appleby's "Antmen Carry Away My Thoughts As Soon As I Think Them".

    It's a really simple design but I believe that just in this simple sketch, there's actually quite a bit of meaning, and even humour, about isolation and empty space.

    I don't think there's any real theme or event, but it seems slightly real like it could happen, you could end up feeling as isolated as the image represents.

    It seems like it could naturally happen, but the picture had a bit of a neutral feeling to it, although the loneliness aspect has a negative feel to it.

    ReplyDelete